Assistant, AdvancementCompany: Canadian Museum of Nature
Date Posted: June 11, 2017
$49,102 to $59,026 per year
Permanent full-time position
*Work location is at the NHC in Aylmer
DUTIES: Under the direction of the Head of Individual Giving, the Assistant :
- supports primarily the nature DONOR, nature MEMBER and nature LEGACY programs and when required other members of the Advancement team;
- responsible for the day-to-day and on-going execution/implementation of fundraising activities including: administrative support, data entry, donor research, event planning, the execution and coordination of the fundraising appeals and communications.
*Hours of work may include weekends, evenings, and/or holidays.
OPEN TO: All individuals who meet the following qualifications:
EDUCATION: Completion of a post-secondary education in fundraising or an equivalent field of study or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
English and French are essential
Bilingual Imperative: BBB/BBB
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience working within a fundraising team in a not-for-profit organization, ideally in a museum, hospital or university;
- Experience in assisting with the coordination of events;
- Experience working with an enterprise application system (i.e. Tessitura, Raiser’s Edge, etc.).and entering, maintaining and updating donor, member and other relevant stakeholder information;
- Experience in promoting and selling products or services to meet stakeholder’s needs;
- Experience in handling money (i.e. processing cash, credit cards, direct debit, checks or other methods of payment);
- Experience in a variety of software programs, primarily Microsoft Office Suite;
- Experience using Kickstarter Fundrazr, Indiegogo is an asset.
SEND YOUR APPLICATION BY E-MAIL TO:
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
State competition NO.2090-17-CMN-OC-035. The statement of qualifications is available by contacting the above e-mail address.
Please note that only candidates who are selected for the next stage of the selection process will be contacted. As a result of this competition, we may establish an eligibility list of potential candidates that may serve to staff similar positions.
All candidates must submit a cover letter outlining how their experience and training meet the basic requirements listed above.
The Canadian Museum of Nature is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted regarding this competition, please advise the Advisor, Human Resources of any accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.
The Museum supports employment equity.
CLOSING DATE: November 19, 2017