UHKF Manager, Leadership PhilanthropyCompany: Kingston Health Sciences Centre - University Hospitals Kingston Foundation
Date Posted: June 4, 2018
Manager, Leadership PhilanthropyDepartment: University Hospitals Kingston Foundation Hours of Work: Full-Time Position Salary: $95,155.32- $116,300.93 per annum, including pension and benefits
Welcome to Kingston!
Our beautiful waterfront city is located on the shore of Lake Ontario at the entrance to the St. Lawrence River and Thousand Islands. We are a short drive from Toronto, Montreal and Canada's capital city of Ottawa. We are also close to the U.S. border.
Founded in 1673 by French explorers, Kingston is home to people from many different backgrounds. Two of Canada's oldest universities — Queen's University and the Royal Military College — are located here. The city is also home to a community college, three hospitals, a vibrant arts community, modern recreational facilities, a military base and many historic sites and museums, including a UNESCO world heritage site.
Kingston is safe, clean and easy to get around — an ideal size for raising young families. We also have some of the best weather in Canada!
This position designs, oversees and directs the work of all professional fundraising staff and clerical staff in the following areas of responsibility: capital campaigns, planned gifts and major gifts (currently defined as outright or multi-year commitments of $10,000 or more from individuals, corporations or charitable foundations). This position is also responsible for directly managing, engaging, soliciting and stewarding a portfolio of high potential donors. This position also guides and supports the work of volunteers engaged in major gift fundraising activities.
This position has a close working relationship with the Manager of Annual Programs and Campaign Operations.
Within this role, the Manager is accountable for contributing to the delivery of the UHKF strategic plan including:
- offering a meaningful and impactful giving experience;
- ensuring that donated funds have the greatest possible impact on care, research and teaching;
- leveraging the passion and influence of staff, volunteers, caregivers and hospital champions;
- aligning the Foundations’ efforts with philanthropic sector best practices.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES INCLUDE:
This person directly solicits financial support from community stakeholders. (50%)
This position is responsible for designing and implementing a successful strategy to maximize donation revenue through gifts of $10,000 or more from individuals, corporations and charitable foundations, including identifying and adopting best practices from within the philanthropic sector. This responsibility includes developing the annual budget and business plan for the Leadership Giving Program and collaborating with the Foundation COO on multi-year cashflow projections for any campaign projects. This position utilizes reports and activity tracking data developed and maintained by the Manager of Annual Programs and Campaign Operations to make strategic decisions about utilization of team resources. (10%)
This position is responsible for recruiting, training and coaching staff members working within the portfolio. (15%)
The position identifies, recruits and engages community leaders and works with specific volunteers to complete solicitations, collaborating with the Manager of Annual Programs and Campaign Operations on strategies to achieve the most effective campaign team. This position is the primary relationship manager for the Campaign Chair. (15%)
This position plays a key role in delivering campaign updates and messages to internal hospital stakeholders and is responsible for ensuring the effective engagement of clinical leaders in program areas where campaign projects reside. (10%)
This person may serve as a spokesperson for the organization with donors and other stakeholders in the absence of the President and CEO.
UHKF is the charitable foundation of both Kingston Health Sciences Centre (KHSC) and Providence Care (PC). Employees working at UHKF must support the mission, vision and values of both KHSC and PC and must comply with the policies of each, when carrying out work on behalf of those organizations.
NOTE - The above duties are representative but are not to be construed as all-inclusive. A complete job description is available from KHSC People Services on Watkins 4 – KGH Site.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in business administration, fundraising, or social sciences.
- Master's degree preferred.
- Proven track record of securing major charitable donations from individual donors.
- 8 years or more experience direct involvement executing fundraising programs, including direct marketing, special events, sponsorships, major gifts and planned gifts.
- 5 years or more overseeing budgets of $1 million or more.
- 5 years or more management experience.
- 3 years or more direct supervision of professional level fundraising staff.
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong business writing skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong financial analysis skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of customer relationship management or fundraising software.
- Demonstrated knowledge of volunteer management best practices.
- Demonstrated knowledge of not-for-profit governance practices.
- Proven ability to attend work regularly.
- Satisfactory criminal reference check required.
The applicant must be able to meet the physical demands of this position.
All applicants should apply directly online through our external job board at the following link: https://career5.successfactors.eu/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=14510&company=KGH&username=