Associate Director, Planned GivingCompany: University Hospitals Kingston Foundation
Date Posted: September 25, 2017
Associate Director - Planned Giving, University Hospitals Kingston Foundation
Role Level: BCIII-07 - $77,317.16 to $94,498.59 per annum
Hours of Work: Days
Reporting to the Manager – Leadership Philanthropy, the Associate Director–Planned Giving works to increase the revenue secured on behalf of the partner organizations through strategic promotion and solicitation of gifts of $10,000 or more. The position is focused primarily on deferred gifts (through the estate or insurance), and outright gifts deliberately planned to minimize associated taxes. In the course of dealing with planned gift donors, the incumbent will from time to time secure outright gifts which do not involve tax planning.
Within this role, The Associate Director is accountable for contributing to the delivery of the UHKF strategic plan including:
- maintaining and enhancing a meaningful and impactful donor experience through consultation, engagement and recognition;
- ensuring that donations entrusted to UHKF will advance care, research and teaching and have the greatest possible impact through partnership, coordination and prioritization;
- leveraging the passion and influence of our people through inspiration, engagement and recognition;
- aligning ourselves with the best practices in our sector through a focus on stewardship, sustainability and visibility.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists with identifying prospective donors of planned gifts from among existing supporters and community contacts.
- Independently sets strategy for cultivating planned gifts from among identified prospects
- Solicits bequest expectancies, life insurance, charitable gift annuities
- Ensures the effective engagement of senior hospital leaders and Board members in the fundraising program and their involvement in appropriate cultivation and solicitation activities
- Engages professional advisors who work with affluent individuals in the community
- Suggests improvements to policies, procedures and systems of the UHKF program, to ensure the overall effectiveness of the organization
- Participates in the work of the Boards and Committees of the UHK Foundation and Member hospitals as appropriate
- Works with UHKF Communications to ensure the availability of relevant, current Gift Planning marketing materials, including print, web-site, social media, e-marketing tools and software to ensure effective messaging of Gift Planning program objectives, donor stories and impact of giving and UHKF brand consistency
- Pursues professional development and continuing education opportunities as well as seeking informal opportunities to expand professional knowledge through consultation with peers.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field; an equivalent combination of education and related work experience may be considered
- Minimum 5 years progressive development experience with a successful track record in securing planned gifts.
- Established, outstanding and respected reputation within communities of practice
- Demonstrated commitment to excellence
- Demonstrated ability to motivate volunteers
- Proven effectiveness managing and coaching volunteers
- Demonstrated effectiveness in relationship-building and working with peers
- Proven sound judgment, integrity and strategic vision
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Proven ability to influence others positively, through effective interpersonal skills
- Current knowledge of Canadian taxation issues related to charitable giving
- Progressive professional development including, but not limited to; ongoing education and involvement with the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) and Association for Healthcare Philanthropy (AHP)
- Proven ability to attend work on a regular basis
- Satisfactory criminal record check required
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The applicant must be able to meet the physical demands of this position.
To apply please go to http://bit.ly/2xotKi5
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.