Manager, Marketing & CommunicationsCompany: University Hospitals Kingston Foundation
Date Posted: August 9, 2017
Manager, Marketing & Communications, University Hospitals Kingston Foundation
Full-Time Position: Days
Salary: BCIV ($93,841.60 - $114,695.20 per annum)
POSITION SUMMARY: Reporting to the President & CEO, the Marketing and Communications Manager plays a key role in engaging our community and mobilizing support for the Kingston Health Sciences Centre and Providence Care. You will design and implement a highly effective marketing and communications program for UHKF and work with the UHKF Board. You will be the UHKF’s point-person to work collaboratively with the marketing and communication functions of the Kingston hospitals to inspire a culture of giving for the health of our community.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITES & DUTIES:
- Designs and implements a highly effective marketing and communications program in support of UHK Foundation.
- Reports to President & CEO
- Works with UHKF Board and Board Committees
- Liaises and works collaboratively with marketing and communications functions of Kingston Health Sciences Centre and Providence Care
- Manages the UHKF Marketing and Communications Coordinator
- Within this role the Manager is accountable for contributing to the delivery of the UHKF strategic plan including: Maintaining and enhancing a meaningful and impactful donor experience through consultation, engagement and recognition; ensuring that donations entrusted to UHKF will advance care, research and teaching and have the greatest possible impact through partnership, coordination and prioritization;
- Leveraging the passion and influence of our people through inspiration, engagement and recognition;
- Aligning ourselves with the best practices in our sector through a focus on stewardship, sustainability and visibility.
- Develops and implements marketing and communications plans which include: Branding strategy to position UHKF favorably within the charitable and local health care markets. Messages, materials and media to engage and inform prospective donors and donors in all phases of the fundraising cycle. Tactics to engage and mobilize internal (hospital) stakeholders in the work of the Foundation. New strategies and vehicles to extend the Foundation’s reach to new markets and constituencies, including social marketing vehicles.
- Interacts with and supports the work of UHKF Board, Board Committees and senior hospital leaders and volunteers working on behalf of the Foundation and hospitals
- Engages with hospital marketing and communications offices, proactively pursuing opportunities for collaboration and partnership
- Recommends, delivers and/or oversees the content and production of all promotional materials and marketing/communications products
- Manages media relations function and oversees all social media for the Foundation, including the Foundation website
- Manages the advertising strategy and budget for the foundation, including managing all media-based gifts-in-kind
- Manages and directs the work for the Coordinator, Marketing & Communications
- Oversees all relationships on behalf of the UHK Foundation with any external suppliers retained for purposes of branding, marketing, graphic design; writing, editing, printing web development or positioning of the Foundation
- Advises UHK Foundation President and CEO regarding public relations issues; assists in planning and formulating policies, strategies, and responses relative to organizational issues and crisis communications materials
- Adheres to supervisor responsibilities as set out in the Occupational Health & Safety Act and other policies which govern this position
- Understands, is familiar with, and complies with all pertinent UHKF policies and procedures including those relating to workplace conduct, confidentiality and donor privacy, decision authority, conflict of interest, compliance with Canada Revenue Agency regulations and the Donor Bill of Rights.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism or a related field; an equivalent combination of education and related work experience may be considered. Master’s degree in journalism, business administration or a related field preferred.
- Minimum 5 years marketing experience, including at least 3 years in a leadership/planning capacity, and experience managing budgets of $300,000+
- Exceptional written and oral communications skills including the ability to write, evaluate and edit the content, structure, and format of a range of written material.
- Able to recommend allocation of resources to achieve communications goals
- Proven record of creativity and innovation
- Excellent organizational ability; capacity to prioritize and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to use independent judgment and to be self-directed, but able to work as part of an effective team.
- Adept at using desktop publishing and web content management systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge of not-for-profit governance practices
- Proven ability to attend work regularly.
- Satisfactory criminal reference check required.
The applicant must be able to meet the physical demands of this position
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Application Deadline: August 18, 2017