Campaign ManagerCompany: Prince Edward County Memorial Hospital Foundation
Date Posted: August 2, 2017
Prince Edward County Memorial Hospital Foundation (“PECMHF” or the “Foundation”) is seeking a Campaign Manager for a full-time, one year renewable contract. The position will be based out of the PECMHF offices in the hospital and will be responsible for an anticipated multi-million dollar capital campaign to build a new hospital in Prince Edward County.
The Campaign Manager will report to the Executive Director, and work collaboratively with the Communications and Donations Coordinator, the Board of Directors, and various Committees to carry out a broad‐based fundraising plan targeting individuals, groups of individuals, corporations, foundations, trade associations, government funding and granting opportunities.
The Campaign Manager will focus on soliciting major gifts, managing relationships with approximately 75 prospective donors, and monitoring all prospect contacts to ensure positive and purposeful prospect and donor relations. She or he will tailor the Foundation’s Gift Acceptance Policy to individual circumstances.
Duties will include, but not be limited to:
Major giving program (50%)
- Understand and nurture the needs and interests of major gift donors in order to develop relationships between them and PECMHF
- Participate in all aspects of the gift cycle
- Research and identify prospects, develop donor proposals
- Initiate contact with potential major gift donors
- Develop appropriate cultivation strategies for them, including working with volunteers
- Donor cultivation, solicitation and stewardships
- Move potential donors in an appropriate and timely fashion toward solicitation and closure
- Make solicitations when appropriate
- Utilizing key messages, maintain stewardship contacts with donors; adhere to the highest ethical standards; demonstrate empathetic disposition, and perseverance; reflect optimistic and positive attitude, and convey sensitivity to needs of the donors
- Coordinate and host donor meetings & site visits
- Maintain Confidentiality of Donor Information
Sponsorship & Event Management (20%)
- Manage campaign events for the purposes of solicitation, cultivation, and stewardship
- Attend third-party events and assist with execution where appropriate
- Solicit sponsorships for events
- Maintain and update campaign prospect and donor lists and related materials
- Ensure appropriate, timely and accurate recording, recognition and stewardship of gifts
Volunteer partnership (15%)
- Support committee members in their work on the capital campaign
- Coordinate committee meetings and compile notes/action items
- Partner with community volunteers to execute events
Requirements for the position:
- A minimum three to five years of successful professional fundraising. Of particular interest is demonstrated experience with major gift solicitation, event planning, sponsorships, and grant writing
- Diplomatic and confident; able to maintain good relationships with donors and volunteers while enforcing expectations and requirements
- Computer literacy, proficiency in MS Office, and donor research experience
- Team oriented and able to work collaboratively
- Strong organizational and communication skills
Experience with capital campaigns and the demonstrated ability to build strong partnerships with volunteers are strongly desired. Proficiency with the Raisers Edge, Adobe Creative Suite, or WordPress would be an asset.
Normal office hours are 8:00-4:00 Monday to Friday, but the position will entail evening and weekend work in exchange for lieu time. The position also requires access to transportation to travel throughout the Quinte Region, and a Police check.
The Campaign Manager will be based out of Prince Edward County Memorial Hospital, with the opportunity to work from home occasionally.
Applications will be accepted for this position until 4PM August 18, 2017.
To apply, please forward your resume and cover letter - electronically or in hard copy - to:
Penny Rolinski, Executive Director
Prince Edward County Memorial Hospital Foundation
403 Main Street East
Picton ON K0K 2T0